Promoted Listings is an advertising program on Etsy that gives you an opportunity to showcase yourzproducts in a designated place on search results.
How do Etsy Promoted Listing work?
Etsy Promoted Listings use an auction system when you can specify how much you’re willing to pay (per click) for a better ad placement.
Since you’ll be competing with other sellers, you should know the four main factors that affect your listing’s performance at an auction:
- Your bid—the highest amount you’re willing to pay for one click on a particular listing
- Listing quality—how likely shoppers are to click on your listing when it appears on search results
- Relevance—how closely your listing’s title or tags match the shopper’s search terms
- Timing—like the time of day, product seasonality, etc.
How to set up Promoted Listing on Etsy?
- Advertise new listings automatically. I recommend advertising new listings automatically with max CPC set up to ensure that spending doesn’t get out of hand.
- Show bidding options. Always enable this. Trusting Etsy’s algorithm to determine your bids is a bad idea that can waste your ad dollars.
- Set maximum cost per click. Decide on your maximum CPC based on the overall profitability of your campaigns and what you can afford to spend. Don’t forget to test different bids!