John Mueller, a prominent Google figure, explained what HTTPS is, why sites should use it, so he answers questions about HTTPS. Site owners answered frequent questions in the latest Google Lightning Talks video and made a public introduction to HTTPS and addressed the basics of site migration.
Mueller's video includes the following headlines:
- How does HTTPS work?
- Why would you want to use HTTPS?
- How to switch from HTTP to HTTPS
- Frequently asked questions about HTTPS
Web Browser Requirement
- Autofill for forms
- Progressive web applications (PWA)
- Push notifications
- "Not Safe" Label in Address Bar
Switch to HTTPS
- Set up your HTTPS site
- Verify ownership in Google Search Console
- Comprehensivetest https site
- Redirect all HTTP URLs to HTTPS URLs
- Watch moving in Google Search Console
- Optional step: Set UP HTTP Solid Transport Security (HSTS)
- Frequently Asked Questions about HTTPS